Thursday, June 2, 2011

Progress update!

It's been sorta quiet around here lately. I wish I could say it's just because I've been busy coding, but I can't as it's only about half true (see, I found League of Legends and it's quite the distraction). BUT! There has been some heavy code work done and things are moving along quite nicely.

I've started, and progressed a good ways toward, building a GameManager to handle all of the Specific game rules (e.g. time limits, kill limits, how many players etc...) as well as handle drawing the game and it's UI objects. It's mostly functioning at its basest level but there's still plenty left to do. Bullets now collide (and do damage to) other entities (not just dirt). There's a rough lifebar and rougher still UI block. The zooming camera has been fine tuned and now works brilliantly. There's also been some heavy code re-factoring (basically pulling out a bunch of junk placeholder code and replacing it with more functioning stuff where it actually needs to go).

More updates to come as I have them. For now, I leave you with a new ScreenShot!

No comments:

Post a Comment