While a number of the changes made over the last few weeks have been completely under the hood as I work toward implementing Summons, there are a few things to talk about.
First off, if you look up at the top of the blog here you should see a link to Project Progress. It's a little check list I'm keeping of things to do and I'm lining things off as I complete them.
Next up: A bullet list of updates!
- Seekers! The Mage's most powerful ability, the Seeking Blast has finally been properly implemented and now homes in on the nearest enemy.
- Items can now be collected by touching them (rather than just by attacking them).
- The Revive skill has been implemented
- Several little bugs have been ruthlessly murdered.
- The range on a handful of skills has been corrected.
- Players now have shadows!
- Several new player and weapon sprites
- Two fully finished Tilesets!
- New Fonts
- More Help Text
See? Not too bad... The pesky map collisions issue is still out there, and I'm still pondering the best way to implement his demise.
Oh, and before I forget:
New Screenshot! We spent some time going over ideas for how best to fill the screen at a REAL resolution (1280x720) when we settled on this here. I think it looks kinda nice, and I'm sure it'll get better as we grow the ideas. The map has been blown up to 29x22 tiles and the ChatBox has been moved off to the left. The Wave display has been moved up to the top left there. All in all I think it's coming along pretty nicely.
That's all for now, till next time!